Can i get maternity leave/short term disabilty?

I have been working through a temp agency for a year does anyone know if you can get maternity pay from temp jobs? Such as would I apply for disability through the gov?

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• highly doubt it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• probably not since you aren't employed full time a lot of places will give you maternity leave just not paid if you aren't working for them full time
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No. If you do not have medical benefits plan which you would be paying for out of your paycheck each week, you cannot obtain any of the benefits offered by the Family Medical Leave Act--which allows you to take upwards of 6 months off to care for a newborn or family member, and still be guaranteed you get your job back.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Probably not. I have insurance and I couldn't even get short-term disability when I got preg. b/c I didn't have the short-term disability coverage. I didn't know this before I got pregnant, so when I tried to get it, I learned I didn't have it and that it conveniently takes 9 mos. to kick in! I had United Health at the time.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Probably not, talk to your temp agency representative, they'll be able to help you figure something out
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 9:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Doubt it...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh, and you cannot get money while you are on leave from the government, the government doesn't pay maternity leave or disability for having a baby...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• prob not
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010