Are you...

totally attracted to the man you're with or if he's a little bit over weight than normal does it bother you? I'm trying to move on with a great guy and our friends set us up to meet soon and his pics I thought were cute, but a recent one he looks a little thicker...I'm nervous to meet him and feel insecure with myself...am I being a bitch or is it normal to feel like you're not totally sure if you're attracted a lot to a new guy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah,my man is a big guy and I love him to death! What's inside means more to me. Weight can change,personality is forever.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it usually takes me awhile to figure out if i like someone myself so i would say that its normal but so is your concern because u dont want to lead him on if you arent that attracted to him
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with butterflyblue 19........if you're a bore, bitch or moron, you'll be like that forever.......if you're overweight you can change.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have been with my hubby for 20 yrs. He is heavier than when we started dating in our mid 20s.... but that is ok. He looks great for mid 40s and can still participate in things we enjoy. 

However, If I was single now... even though I am in my mid 40s I would NOT date a heavy man. I do not find it attractive in the least. I want an athletic man who can participate in the sports I enjoy.

Im not saying cancle the date.. that would be rude.  But there is no reason to have a relationship with someone you are not attracted to. 

I dont think it is bad in the least. You should be attracted to a man if you are goint to commit to him.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• meet him first. sometimes the personality is so attractive that i few extra pounds mean nothing at all,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You can change your weight and so can he. Just meet him and see where it goes. It's just a first date.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My boyfriend is very heavy, but I'm okay w/ that. That doesn't mean you have to be. I would go on the date and then decide if you want a second one. You may find the picture was deceiving, or you may not like him at all and then it won't matter what he looks like.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I love my Husband very much. He has put on weight since we got married, esp. since he got hurt. I still love him very much and am very attracted to him. The outside is easy to change, the inside not so much. It's what is on the inside that counts.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The last 2 guys I have dated have been heavier. I had seen pics of my ex before I met him and was not attracted....then I met him and sparks flew! I was with him for 3 years. I met the guy I'm seeing now through a friend. I had seen pics of him too on my friends facebook, but never thought of dating him until he asked me out. Even when he asked, I was like "Ok, I'll go", but told my family it was not gonna be some big love affair since I wasn't that attracted to him. I gave him a second chance after a weird 1st date and am still with him today! It's been 6 months for us now and I do think he's gonna be the one!! :)
    Moral of the story: Just give the guy a chance. It's one date. You could have the best time of your life and almost didn't go based on physical apperence alone. If it's really ment to be, then trust me, the attraction will follow! Good luck, momma and HAVE FUN!!!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My SO was a very well built when I met him and now he's, lets just say not the same. though either way I still love him.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010