Middle name.

My grandma's middle name is Jean. I would love to name a little girl's middle name Jean... But, I have a theme on Y's in the first and middle of in my childern... Is there a way to add a Y in Jean and not make it look bad??? or am I just out of luck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Baby Names

• While I totally agree with ihatetocook, that siblings names do not need to match and that is actually a pet peeve of mine! Lol, I'm 40 years old and have 3 brothers and the last thing that matters in my life is whether or not they sound nice together....but I digress. Why not just use Jeany. I think it is WAY more meaningful to name her after your Grandmother than to sound cute with her siblings, she's an indiviual, not an accessory to your family =) FWIW, my middle is after my great-grandmother and it is incredibly special to me.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'd use Jean, the name you love honoring the Grandma you love. Children's names don't have to match their siblings, they're individuals and after childhood won't be thought of as (whoever's) brother or sister.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 7:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Couldn't you give her a name with a Y and them use Jean as a middle name?
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Idk why this is posted anonymous... but, my husband wants a middle name with a Y.... so I thought if I dressed it up a little...... he'd go with it but I think I'm really out of luck on this one.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 7:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ^ thank you gramsmom. I really want to do that... I think my husband just doesn't like the name Jean... so I'm just gonna put my foot down. :)
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 7:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• might have to do a combo dealio~the French are neat about adding names with Jean to another name. YvetteJean...weird..I bet you can come up with something in your theme...does grandma have a maiden name or churchy name...great grand mother?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010