how to get a two year old who still sleeps with her mother in bed to sleep on her own

My finace has a two year old who still sleeps with her mother at her house and we only have her every other weekend and when we try to put her in her own bed she kick and screams and throws the worst tantrums. it even keeps my one year old up i dont know what to do we have tried letting her cry it out and it doesnt work she keeps us all up for like two hours PLEASE HELP US .

nikki-blu

Asked by nikki-blu at 4:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is either used to sleep in the same bed with the mother (so its a habit now... good luck making it stop after such a long time!).. or something is wrong with her that she is so scared to be alone.

You need to figure out WHY she doesnt want to sleep in her own bed. If its just because of a habit or because of a fear. If its because of a fear then you need to find out what caused this fear and take care of it.

:-/ hope you will find a solution. best of luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• we just kicked my son to the curb about a week ago! lol it is pretty sad but mommy and daddy need some time alone now. My little guy is 21 months old. What I suggest you do is just find whatever she likes and make her likethe room and her bed. My son wont get out of his room now. He has a bunch of CARS stuff and my husband lays down with him until he falls asleep. He isi very into movies so we had to sacrifice not having a bed in our room to put it in his room so he's there and will go lay down on his own...but he still wont fall asleep alone... we just leave whenever he's asleep lol.... hope it helps a bit
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 6:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Try moving her to a mat on your bedroom floor. That way she can be close to her Daddy but not quiet in the bed. Since it is only a couple of nights a month you may consider putting her to sleep in your bed then moving her to the mat once she is asleep.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2008