Question from a former formula feed baby

This was a thought from a previous answer in another post. Some one commented that society pays for poor choices by paying for formula and healthcare.
I was formula fed and it was bought and paid for by my mother. The only doctor I've seen in years is my GYN. I have a master's degree and a near genius IQ.
How is it my mother's choice impacted your life??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if *nothing else* her choice, as you called it negatively impacted our environment.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Holy Crap! Wow! Like it! Mine was paid for too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You are one of how many? One out of the whole is not a good example. I survived without a carseat, but, how many didn't? And why is it so important now that it is a law?
    Why are doctors trying so hard to promote breastfeeding now? Why is it listed as best for baby on formula cans and commercial?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was fed goats milk due to my lactose intolerance and my mom paid for it herself too.... I also have a very high IQ. I guess I too am evil and stupid! And O-M-G! I have formula fed all THREE of my children!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i would assume that they are talking about wic, which is a government program that pays for formula. not about society having to pay for health problems caused by formula feeding babies. and poor choices in eating habits leading to higher cost of health care. then again i'm not the one who wrote whatever comment you're referring to. you might want to put a link or something if you want that specific comment clarified.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• While breast is the best choice it is not the ONLY choice and mother's shouldn't be made to feel bad for formula feeding. Breastfeeding does NOT mean you are a good mother!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if impacts my life ONLY if she chose formula purposely and didn't even attempt to nurse, for whatever reason(S). In that case it has brought jealousy and sadness to my life.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Why do people have to be such douchebags because someone else doesn't make the same decision as them?

I think all of the people out there who talk shit about formula feeders, etc should just go to hell....
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The reason I posted Anon, is there is more than just me. There are a lot of us out here.
    I have known breast fed babies who have learning disabilities, I know a child who was in a car seat and still died in an accident. I know a baby who was on her back and still died of SIDS.
    Sometimes, even when you do what is stated as being the best, things still happen. When it does, who gets the blame? Bad things can happen either way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• People that were formula fed are at increased risk of cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, obesity, and other diseases. These are all the diseases that are the major health problems in the US. If you put WebMD Health and Pregnancy/OB News on your homepage you can keep up with the latest research.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010