Pampers are now scented?

I normally buy Huggies, but Pampers were the best deal the last two times I bought diapers. The first box I bought were fine - Cruisers, size 4. Then I bought a box of Cruisers, size 5, and they are scented! They stink like flowery old lady. I checked the box, and NOWHERE does it say they are scented. I am writing to Pampers to try to get a refund, since I can't use the diapers. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I know there has been a lot of talk about rashes and Pampers, and my son also had a few hives on random places on his body for the last couple of days. But most were not on or near his diaper area so I hesitate to point the finger at the diapers.

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 8:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I thought Pampers were always scented.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Eew! I hope they refund you.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Pampers were always scented... Which is one of the reasons we never used them... Plus they leak like crazy and I don't want my money supporting their charity either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I thought they haves always had a scent to them. But maybe that is just me smelling it.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• pampers always had that sent..so does luvs. I love them-huggies are like the brand i hate! they always leak-but i always seem to get tons o' coupons in the mail for them. i used to use pampers 24/7...but luvs are cheaper and a better diaper.-well for me that is.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I can't figure out how we used an entire box without noticing the scent. I KNOW we would have noticed. We cosleep and that powdery smell from the second box fills our whole bed. Maybe the first box missed out on the scent? Ugh, it is so gross.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The dry max ones have always had a scent to them, and they reek! The old pampers weren't nearly as heavily scented.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I wonder if the first box I bought was not DryMax. I got them at Big Lots, where it is entirely likely they are an outdated product. Perhaps that's it. I still have both boxes, I need to check when I get home. I don't understand why you would want your baby to smell like that. If your baby smells, you need to change the diaper, not cover up the smell, lol.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son is 14 months old and every box i have bought has been scented? I have never used the dry max though. Just cruisers and snug and dries and they just smell like baby powder :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It's funny because I never noticed Pampers being scented. My oldest one had sensitive skin and diapers that were scented (obviously scented) gave him a rash. Pampers never did that. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2010