for those mom's who have had Thrush

I have a 11 month old son. Recently my nipples have started tingling and buring a little during feedings and pump sessions. I don't know if this is AF or thrush or what. I looked in ds mouth and couldn't see any white.

If you had thrush was the pain unbearable? It does't make me want to stop feeding or pumping so its not that bad. Just a little buring and a little itchy.

What were you symptoms and baby's symptoms?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when dd had thrush her tongue looked like a moldy strawberry. my nipples were a little bit itchy and felt slippery when she went to eat. she went from having a few white spots on her tongue to "moldy strawberrry" tongue over night. if the case of thrush is mild it will correct itself pretty quickly. if it is rampant a dr. can prescribe a medicine. also, let your nipples air out after feeding and change your breastpads often. if you buy reusable pads made with hemp you will not get thrush as often (if ever)- hemp is antimicrobial (that is what i heard, i have switched pads to some with hemp and haven't had any thrush problems since).
    good luck. if it seems like it is getting worse, call the dr. and get baby checked out.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• my son didn't have any noticable symptoms. i had thrush and it just made my nipples itchy, that's all
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My baby was about a month old when she had thrush. I breastfed also, but no pain with me. Her tounge was a white and thick, the scent came off as a bready smell (yeast infection, duh) but get you checked out. I remember the dr. looked at my nipples to see if i had it, if so, theres a cream to help you out. Good luck!
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010