Do you think High end retail stores makeup is better?

jennyfrances

Asked by jennyfrances at 8:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes & No. It depends on the person, & the persons skin ((Not to forget wallet.)) the only "name" brand nonstop is Mary Kay. I use the mineral Powder. It works best for my face. Anything else, if i see it & like it, eh its worth a try.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Some products are worth the extra money to me. I've not found a compable drugstore option to Bare Minerals bronzer for me. I've wasted more money on low cost items and not used them, than if I would have just bought the more expensive stuff. It's all preference though.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• IDK, but I think different kinds of cosmetics work better on some people than others and it's really a crap shoot. Sometimes you end up spending a lot of money on something that isn't so wonderful.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• depends on the brand....in my professional opinion I KNOW there are awesome makeup lines that can do things you didn't think they could do for you! I love Lancome, Mac, Bare Minerals, Smash Box. Pricy but last longer and have better ingredients and better coverage.
    I do make up professionally for performers, weddings, and actors and I kinda got spoiled. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Nope. I worked Cosmetics for Macy's... Loncome, Shesedo, Este Lauder, Clairns, Clanique... And I can tell you first hand, they aren't really any better... You can always - ALWAYS find the same quality, sometimes even better, for less money! In fact LonCome & L'Oreal are the same company and mostly the same products...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I absolutely do. Maybe not for everyone, but I have very oily skin and expensive makeup stays put much better than the cheap stuff.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think so. I bought some Clinique at Macy's and it made my skin irritated and red. I bought L'Oreal at Target and my skin has been perfect since I started using it. Clinique is way too expensive and,unfortunately, I believed the hype about how good it was. It wasn't.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sometimes I do. It depends on the product. I like the high end foundations better and some of their blushes. Everything else I buy just regular cosmetics
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No
    ChristenaH

Answer by ChristenaH at 9:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010