Is it normal?

Is it normal to be so disconnected from your pregnancy that you don't even really feel pregnant? I honestly feel like I am fat and not pregnant. I am completely disconnected from what is going on with my body. It is actually rather depressing. I was wondering if this is normal or if I am just a freak case.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't stress yourself mama. Some women don't feel the connection until they are first holding their baby in their arms. I think it's so much easier to feel the connection when all you have to do of a day is work and take care of yourself...but when you have more children, it's harder (at least to me). I didn't feel nearly as close with my last baby before he was born as I did with the others (well, honestly, not with the last two children) but it goes away. It doesn't make you a bad person OR a bad mother.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I felt like with my second i wasnt connecting at all but i think that was because my first one was still a baby! They are 12 months apart
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You should talk to your Dr about this. It is not as uncommon as you might think. I'm sure your Dr asks you how you are doing at every visit and this is the type of thing that you need to mention to her/him.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• How far are you and how many kids is this for you? I felt sometimes that I was so busy that I almost didn't even feel pregnant. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've had at least one miscarriage that we know about. We have one beautiful little four year old. That pregnancy was really rough, and I was not connected at all during that one either. I just feel like I've been robbed of the "joys" of pregnancy. And I'm about 30 weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My friend was like that during her whole pregnancy....it really upset her cause it was her first and she thought she should have been feeling differently. I was actually a little worried that she may have gotten post partum after the baby was born. But all is well with her....after the baby was born it all went out the window...no mores worries and she laughs at herself about how worried she was about the disconnection. She's a pro now. Good Luck with everything.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I felt disconnected with my pregnancy (my first one so far) until i felt him kick the first time, then i kinda really got into it, b/c it was like a confirmation that something was really there rather than im just fat ya know?
    Mom-o-AJ

Answer by Mom-o-AJ at 9:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010