Why do people say no bashing please? Isn't that an "invitation" for the bashing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Honestly, I don't see it as an invitation. I simply see it as they are stating an opinion and don't care to be bashed for it. They would just like other people's opinions to compare to. Many people really AREN'T looking for a debat or argument.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Lol, yeah... pretty much. Of course unless people can be adults about the actual question and not be there to spread their perfect opinion.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• lol, beats me... it's like saying "No offense" before you tell someone they are an idiot.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think these people really are looking for support, but feel it's a controversial subject.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 8:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think it's people letting you know that they know they may have been in the wrong or made a poor choice and want some ideas of what to do now instead of bashing the mistake they already know they made.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I heard that the first time on this site. It does promote more snobby answers but it is really a way of saying that you know it sounds worse that what it is but it is what it is....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• depends on what the post is about
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah, it is
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• *debate
    specialwingz

• I post it like that if I'm just emotionaly spent but whatever it is and don't need the extra headache. And when I see it I try to be a nice about what I say as I can....I may have different opinion but you can word them in such a way that its a suggestion instead of bashing.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010