Disney is "closing the vault" What does that really mean.....

I saw that they were "closing the vault" on Sleeping Beauty soon. Does that mean you will never be able to get it again or that it will be out again in a few years? Just wondered b/c I would like for my dd to have it.....but dont really wanna buy it at this very moment.....

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Entertainment

• THAT MEANS "DISNEY IS TRYING TO SCARE YOU INTO BUYING IT NOW" ABOUT EVERY 5 YEARS THEY SAY THAT ABOUT ALL THE MOVIES LIKE BAMBI AND CINDERALLA AND SLEEPING BEAUTY AND SUCH CLASSIC MOVIES. THING IS THEY ALWAYS RE-OPEN IT FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 9:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• actually it means that until there's another milestone like 60 years since the movie came out it won't be out again. They released a limited number of dvds to stores, and once those are all bought you won't see them again for a while. BUT they said that about Cinderella, and it's still out.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 9:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Disney Movies are only sold at certain times and once this movie stops being sold it cannot begin being sold again until the next scheuled time.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• As everyone said it's a scared tactic to get you to buy now and keep the price of their movies at $15-30 a DVD. It's all about supply and demand!! They keep the supply low buy only allowing x many to be release at a time, they keep the demand high by using scare tactics to get you to act now (BUY NOW); thus they can charge $15-30 a DVD, even for classics such as Sleeping Beauty.

It will come out again and they will use the same scare tactics to get you to buy again. However, I'm not sure when the "new" release will be, It's got to be a long time in order to make the illusion that this (buy NOW) is a once in a life time opportunity.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You have to make sure that it's not closed forever. They usualy open it again in about 5 years to resale. They tend to circulate them.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• means nothing to me :) I just hit the used movie stores or flea market if I really want to buy a movie that's "In the vault"

it's a scam, they always release it in another few years.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• That's Disney's way of saying, "If you are a good mother, you will run out and buy this right now! Your daughter will be scarred for life if she has to grow up without the joy of seeing this movie!" Don't fall for it! They will re-release it when it's been long enough for it to be a big seller again!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If you don't get it now, you can always look in pawn shops and flea markets. That's where I usually go anyway. (Unless its one of those movies she just HAS to have the day it comes out)
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• its about a 5 to 10 year cycle for the movies but its not forever lol so its no big deal ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Don't worry about it....go on amazon.com or half.com and you'll find any dvd you want for really cheap. TaDa.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008