If someone is living off govt assistance, do you think it's wrong for them to have children or more children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do not think it's anyones decision but those having the child. Govt assistance is there for those who need it.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I think that you should take care of what you have now and get your life straightened out and back on track before you have more kids.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would think it's irresponsible for them to TTC, but not everyone that has children is doing so on purpose... If they get pregnant, I'm not going to tell them they are wrong to have their child or keep them... And I'm certianly not going to tell them they can't have sex just because they are low income.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i think it's none of our business when a family decides to conceive. it might not be the right thing for them to do in their current situation, but it is most definitely not wrong.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 9:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i think they shouldn't try to keep having them, that seems very selfish. it seems like so many people think they are entitled to fs, rent, etc yet have no pride in getting these things for themselves, i don't think it's at all fair some have to pay for so many.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it is wrong for them to have children for the sole purpose of getting more assistance which a lot of people do and a lot of young girls (i call them girls cause they're not mature enough to see it's wrong) do instead of getting an education
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• regeneration of others in none of my business~humans reproduce just like all other living things on the planet...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• To intentionally have a child or more children. YES it's wrong. Learn to support yourself before you choose to have more children. But if you happen to get pregnant then I think it's fine for you and your child to live on assistant, it's there so more women in bad situation(s) can choose life.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• most people want to have a child but not everyone has the ability to get a good education and be able to live on thier own. i dont think its ok to have children knowing you will always need government assistance. but if thats what you have to do now, do it, as long as your plans for the future include being finacially stable.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• more kids,yes. They should get off of it and pay for them out of their own pockets.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010