What is marriage to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• A lawful union of two people who love each other very much. I think gay marriage should be legalized everywhere. Is that what you are implying?
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I THINK THAT MARRAIGE IS THE UNION OF MIND BODY AND SOUL OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.

YES I THINK THE HOMOSEXUALS DESERVE THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF MARRAIGE HOWEVER THEY ALREADY HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS TO DO ALL THAT NOW IM MOST STATES. THEY CAN HAVE COMMITMENT CEREMONIES AND LIVE TOGETHER AND FILE TAXES TOGETHER AND EVEN WILL EACHOTHER THEIR GOODS. AS WELL AS HAVE THE RIGHTS TO SAY WHAT IS TO HAPPEN TO A SPOUSE. SOOOO WHAT IS IT THEY ARE LACKING. THAT THE WORD MARRAIGE WILL GIVE THEM???????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• So if you're admitting they're so close to legal marriage, why can't they be legally married?
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 9:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Marriage is the lawful union of ANY two people who love each other. I also think this question is about Gay marriage and I vote YES to gay marriage.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• The free consent of the spouses makes a marriage. From this consent and from the sexual consummation of marriage a special bond arises between husband (man) and wife (woman). This bond is lifelong and exclusive. The marriage bond has been established by God and so it cannot be dissolved. For more on my views regarding marriage see: http://www.foryourmarriage.org/interior_template.asp?id=20398792

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Call me biased, for supporting all of my wonderful, flamboyantly gay male friends. Call me a humanitarian, because I believe in civil rights. I don't care if you call me wrong, or even stupid, but gay marriage is a must. It's going to happen eventually, anyway, whether it's ten years down the road or one hundred. I would love to see my bff get to marry his man in our lifetime. I'm a firm believer that most gays are born that way, and they wouldn't be if God didn't love them. So I say phooey to religious reasons.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 9:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Okay, I re-read what I wrote, and I need to clear up what I said about God. I am not religious; I am spiritual. I believe, and many others like me believe, that God makes us exactly who we are, and everything happens for a reason. He molds us to exactly how He wants us to be. That includes gays.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 9:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I too believe that those that have homosexual urges/attractions are born that way. I firmly believe that a person can NOT help who they are attracted too; no more then I could help being attracted to my husband. I will NOT argue that point. However, I also believe that we ALL, even married people, are called to life of chastity. Just because I have a urge, impulse, and/or an attraction to someone (or thing) doesn't mean I have the RIGHT to ACT on it.

Everyone, including everyone that post in this post, has urges, impulses, and/or attractions to someone (or some thing) but they don't ACT on them because they know its wrong to ACT on them. Myself included, What about you? Be honest.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It is not wrong to be gay. I'm truly sorry you feel that way.

No kidding people have urges they don't act on, including me. Being gay isn't an URGE. It's who they are. It's not a sin. If it was, God would not have made them gay. God loves everyone, and it's supposed to be only Him who judges.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• alright, since the question was about MARRIAGE and not about being gay...
    I think marriage is about compromise. about unconditional love, passion, attachment, butterflies, i believe that marriage should be about finding your soul mate. i married my hubby because he is everything that i could never be. and for that he means the world to me.

as for God making you gay...ummm thats a NO. God gave us choices. and they CHOSE to be gay.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2008