If you could change something about your child's school what would it be?

OctoberOrganics

Asked by OctoberOrganics at 8:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would change the bus route. We're not on the route and we have to drive them 15 min every day. We're not in the right district, but it is still the closest school.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I WOULD CHANGE THE ATTITUDE THE FACULTY DISPLAY. THEY HAVE LITTERALLY TOLD ME THAT THE AIDS IN THE CLASSROOMS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN TALK TO PARENTS.

PERSONALLY I WANTED TO SAY I REFUSE TO HAVE ANYONE IN MY SONS CLASS WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE RESPONCIBILITY AND DUTY TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO AND OR WITH MY SON.
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 9:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Nothing! We homeschool!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• The parking lot. There's a runoff parking lot, but its like 1/2 a block away. If you want one of the "good" spots, you have to get there half an hour early. (On the flip side, it gives me 30 min in the car to read, or make grocery lists, or just clean out my truck) Plus, you're only supposed to turn right (to make traffic move quicker) but parents just sit there blocking the driveway and holding up the entire parking lot with their left blinker on.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• As an instructional Aid, thats the way it should be friends for life. A certified teacher is the one that needs to tell you if their are any problems concerning children. I work with Kindergarten and if something goes wrong, it needs to be addressed by the teacher.We are allowed to talk to parents,call them about certain things, but, when it comes down to something going on with that child, thats between the teacher and parents.We don't have insurance, and we are not certified. We HELP the teachers, we are not the teachers.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008