Is it wrong to have a baby shower while you are pregnant with your second baby?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think proper etiquette calls for time between babies etc etc. I did not have a baby shower for my first child so I'd really like to have one if I have a second.

Sometimes additional baby showers can be needed. My son is 4 so I have NO baby stuff around my house If I got preggo now I'd need the gifts for help lol.

I think if your babies are only a year apart then it's not appropriate to excpect gifts ecspecially big gifts
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• as long as you're not throwing them yourself all the time i don't see a problem, but i wouldn't be mad if someone can't get you something this time around.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no.... I think every baby deserves to be celebrated!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Wrong? No, I don't think its wrong.
    BUT...I do think its depends on how close together/far apart you are having the babies to know what KIND of baby shower to have.
    For example, there are 10 years difference between my 1st and my 2nd..so of course, at this point I had no baby items whatsoever. My mom and my mil gave me a regualr huge baby shower..and it was wonderful :)
    Now, if the babies are closer together in age and the mama still has most of her baby items from 1st baby..I think its okay to have a smaller version of a big baby shower...maybe a "sprinkle" or a "diaper party" or a "baby celebration" or something like that..but making it clear that no large gifts are necessary...if any gift at all. Its fun just to have a reason to have a party,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• my sister threw me a shower for my 3rd......its wrong to throw your own but if your family and friend want to throw you one let them.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No, it's not wrong at all!!!!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 10:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• no i don't think it's wrong. go for it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong. After awhile we just did a celabrate baby party, gifts are optional. It was fun. One time we did it after baby was born so they could all meet her and not show up at random times.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If your family and friends want to throw another shower for you, let them go for it! I know, at least with my own son, he was a messy baby, and most of his baby clothes were ruined, you can always use more baby stuff!
    Jamie K.

Answer by Jamie K. at 10:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with musicmom- it's great to celebrate the baby, but I'm not so sure about expecting gifts at another shower
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010