Have you ever come to a life-changing realization?

What was it? and how did the close people in your life respond to it?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I can to a relization that being a WHORE is not cool. That sleeping with random guys just because I can is not cool. That sex actually means something and that it is not just something to do - like reading a book because you are bored.

It is hard. Not having random sex makes me want to have lots more sex. BUT, I know that I will be a happier person for it. And much safer from STDs too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• In my opinion we have several life changing realizations thru out our lives. Some are just more dramatic than others.

I would have to say the best one for me was realizing that I didn't want to be abused anymore. Many people did not agree with me leaving my ex-husband and I learned a lot in the process but a life without abuse is wonderful.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Good for you Anon., that is an excellent realization! You may have a sex-addiction, which is a treatable condition.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Almost 6 years ago, I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. Fought that war and won! I came to the realization that life is WAY too short. And, you just never know if today might be your last day. I learned to prioritize my life in a better way. I learned how to tell when an issue was a REAL issue and when it wasn't. Now, I don't waste time on negative things in life. I stay focused on the positives like my Sweetheart, my kids & granddaughter. My kids came to the same realizations I did.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have come to two life-changing realizations within the past few years. First, the same as specialwingz, though not the same way. "Life is way too short" came to me a few months ago when I lost my mom to a heart attack. Second, I don't have to put up with someone else causing constant stress in my life, which I came to when I finally had enough of my M.I.L. causing me so much stress constantly that it made me physically sick. I don't care what she thinks anymore.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• 1- life is too short, so im going to do whatever it takes to be the best me that i can especially for my children

2- at the end of the day the only thing thats really important is family

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Not really but I am sure that it will happen sooner or later.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes- when I realized that I could no longer expect my older daughter to babysit our autistic kids (they were getting too big for her to handle), my husband & I could never go out alone anymore. My friends didn't understand why I had to be so rigid about schedules. I pretty much got dumped by all my old support networks, actually. I guess that was the real realization: that people I thought were my best friends were not really friends, only aquaintances. It was a revelation: that other people didn't view our relationship the same way as I do.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I reinvent myself on a pretty regular basis because of these. My family goes with the flow.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That my first hubby was an ASS who would NEVER change and I HAD to divorce his ass before he killed me. My family was VERY upset I left him, now they see him for the ass he is and really adore my new hubby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010