How soon is too soon to get married after a break up with your child's father?

My son's father and I broke up 10 months ago, and I met the man of my dreams 8 months ago, and we've been dating ever since. He is great to me and to my son, and he's been hinting towards getting married lately. I'm ready for it, I love him, but how would that look to others, when I broke up with my fiance and son's father 10 months ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't worry about other people... trust your heart
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If he loves you, whats the rush? I'd wait, that's too soon wether or not you just left a relationship.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't understand why everyone is soo concerned about how something appears to other people. Nothing you do should be because of what other people think. Man up and make the choice that is right for you and your children. If that means waiting 10 years or 10 minutes it dosen't matter. There will always be someone who disagrees with what you chose to do, so what, do what's right for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• who cares what other people think. my best friend met a guy the day before I had my daughter .. and then they got married 9 months later .. : )
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sorry! I hope I didn't come off rude. I just look back and remember a few times where I wish I would have waited a little longer. I'm not looking down on you or anything! I know how exciting a new relationship can be.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if it were me, i would wait. not because of what others would think, but because i'm a cynic i guess. i think that any new relationship starts out sooo good & it feels like true love & everything is almost perfect. but that wears off. don't rush it. if it's the real deal, he'll be around to wait at least another year for you.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 10:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• my divorce was finalized on feb. 16th this yr.. i left my ex for cheating on me and i found the man of my dreams in jan. this year.. we've been dating for 7.5 months and we're talking about getting married.. not sure when we're going to but i know it'll be sometime soon... don't worry about what others think.. its about you and your boyfriend!! :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Don't worry about others just you & your son.. I feel that 8 months isn't long enough to know if you want to spend the rest of your life with this man, if I was in your shoes i would wait another year.. not because i am worried what others think but because you just left a fire, i hate to see you go into a fire pan.. allow the guy to get to know you & your son more.. if he loves you he will wait.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I remarried shortly after my Divorce was final. There are always going to be people who are going to talk about the way you choose to live your life. Do not owrry about what other people have to say. Worry about being happy and your Child being happy. I would say go for it. Life is too short.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• As long as he is Good to you & your son- Don't Worry about what other's think; just follow your heart & Be Happy!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2010