drinking water

How late can your child have something to drink before bed? We say 7:30

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My oldest (SD) has a bladder the size of a pea. So she has to quit an hour and half before bedtime. Out of fairness that is the rule for all. But when she is not here, it doesn't really matter.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I let my kids have something anytime they say they are thirsty ... it's never been a problem

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I would limit my kids starting around 7 and then allow tem a small drink before going t bed.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My girl hasn't gone to bed without a cup of water by her bed since she was two. It's always empty the next morning. She's 5 1/2 now, no accidents. Could be that she has a half bath in her bedroom so it's not far if she has to pee.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My oldest had to wear under-jams for awhile bc he had a bed-wetting issue that was not related to drinking....I know that sounds funny but we were literally cutting him off at 5pm and he was still wetting the bed, his bladder just wasn't matured but now as well as my other 2 kids have sports bottles they keep filled and drink throughout the night and we don't have any problems
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• The last drink my daughter gets is after she brushes her teeth at 8pm.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 11:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• She has a bottled water next to her bed at night.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Whenever they want although my 8yo son and 7yo daughter have to wear pull-ups at night so they don't wet the bed. But we've found limiting their intake doesn't do anything plus I find it cruel to deny them water if they are thirsty. Even if we do they just go drink out of the faucet in the bathroom.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• 40 minutes before sleep.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• we cut of 1 hour to 45 minutes before bed...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010