My son and his puppy...

We have a 4 month old puppy, that absolutely loves my 2 year old, but he plays very rough with her, and she tolerates EXTREMELY well....My concern is do you think she will play rougher with him as time goes on....Right now she just lays there and takes it all..

Jamie K.

Asked by Jamie K. at 10:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pets

• I would say she will probably be ok cuz she is used to it and thinks it normal. But I would say stay close and watch. Everyone and everything has its limits.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Im not to sure i know that my MIL had a yellow lab and he was grate with the kids in his older days the kids would lay on hem and play with hem and he never seemed to be bothered and that is after she lost one of hes legs to cancer. The day that MIL put him down all the kids gathered around him and layed there heads on him for final pictures with him and he licked them and enjoyed his time with all the kids from ages 11-3months old.
    pooh_williams

Answer by pooh_williams at 10:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i would keep and eye on them just in case but some dog tolerate it very well we got a bay pitbull when my son was 1 and omg that dog loves my son and has never even tried to do anything to my son his so protective over him and just so nice. the other day when my son was sick he had a uti and was very sick the dog cried everytiem my son cried adn he was just layin gthere next to his bed and wouldnt evne move for 2 days my sonspend there i had to take his food and water all the way over there because it wouldnt even move to eat. yes shes and awesome dog im pretty sure your dog will get used to it jus make sure their not to rouph on her what kind of dog is it small or big?
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My boy and our dog play together (she's almost 2 now, and we've had her since she was 4 months - our boy is almost 3), and she's very good when it comes to knowing how much is appropriate. she's never gotten too rough with him, and she's so patient, in terms of letting him hit on her or pull on her. I try to discourage it, of course, because its not nice of him to be mean to her, but I'm glad she's so good about it!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• time to train the dog not to jump
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:11 AM on Sep. 8, 2010