do you bring your baby in the bathroom when you take a shower?

I'm nervous to do it

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i usually get up really early in the morning when i know she will stay asleep til im done..but my bathroom is in my bedroom so i can still hear her at all times
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• No, I never brought my children into the bathroom with me. They are 9 and 8 now (10 months apart). So there was a time I had a 10 month old and new born; 12 month old and 2 month old, well you get the picture!

I just took my showers when they both were napping or at night when my husband was home.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if she was awake and I had to take a shower "right now!" then yeah, I'd bring her swing in the bathroom and put her in that while I showered
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Why are you nervous about it? I usually try to shower while the baby is and just use the monitor to hear him. Otherwise, I put him in the bouncy seat or small swing and shower. You kind of have to take a shorter shower but a rousing game of peek a boo can sometimes buy you a few minutes!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have three children, my first and second children were great when it was time for me take a shower. I would put them in their infant seat and they would fall asleep to the sound of the water, play with toys or just sit there and be content. When they got older I would put them in the highchair w/ cheerios or some toys. Or just take one when they were napping, lol.
    Now my third was a whole new story- he hated it all!! I actually think he didn't like the sound of the water so I had to wait till he was asleep or someone else was home to watch him.
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• nope.. if i take a shower during the day it'll be during her nap.. if not during the day it'll be at night after i put her to bed.. if for some reason i have to take a shower with her awake i'll put her in the play pen lock all the doors and jump in the shower.. she's perfectly fine!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• when my son was a newborn i always took him in the bathroom with me. my so works second shift. so i'm home almost the whole day. since he sleeps later in the morning. i didn't want him in another room by himself. now he's ten months and i usually let him play in his crib while i take a very fast shower.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I always took my babies in the shower with me. I strapped them in their infant seat and the sound of the water usually put them to sleep. When my second child was born my first would sit in the bathroom and play with the baby while I showered. I always took quick showers.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• umm no. even if your baby starts to fuss or cry while you're away they'll be fine for 10-15 minutes while you shower
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes I lived by myself and was afraid to leave my son in the house without me being able to see / hear him. I had one of those little vibrating chairs that you could buckle them into. I'd strap him in that and take him in the bathroom with me.

I always left the door open and was careful to not take a shower that would steam up the bathroom too much in case the steam would bother him. He liked being able to hear my voice so I'd talk to him if he was awake sometimes he slept in his bassinet or in the chair while I showered.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010