what are some good solutions for mild acne?

Ive been using pro activ for the past 2 years but decided to stop using it because it was drying out my skin so bad and I think it was too harsh for my face.. I'm starting to break out :(

Miss.KelliAdams

Asked by Miss.KelliAdams at 10:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i liked the cleaner that clinique puts out they match your skin type so that you wont dry out its awesome...also try an all natural makeup..i started using bare minerals even tho its pricey but just as soon as i try the cheaper brands i break out everywhere! oh and you can get a trial kit of bare minerals
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i use oatmeal and honey....lol it might sound weird, but it is really good for your skin. i pour about a table spoon of honey into a little cup and thicken it up with oatmeal, then spread it on like you would with a facial!
    also, for a good moisturizer, you can smash up an avocado and spread it on as a facial. i do that every other night, and an avocado like that will last you at least a week in a sealed container in the fridge.
    good luck!
    gfamilyof4

Answer by gfamilyof4 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I bought the anti-bacterial facial clothes from Norwex this spring. You don't use soap with them just wet them. I have oil/acne problems in the summer and I haven't had any issues this year. Once in a while, I do use MaryKay cleasing bar. Good luck
    van5

Answer by van5 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have been using Clean and Clear continous acne control for years. Its the only thing that works for me. If your skin starts drying out, use mouisterizer twice a day if you have to. It has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it which is the max for over the counter. It costs about $5. you can buy it everywhere. Make sure you take all makeup off at night and you may want to cut back on dairy because its a major acne contributor.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wash your face with Clean and Clear. Works for me.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a biore facial scrub that works really well!

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 10:55 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i use sugar and lemon 3 times a week as a scrub then i use a vanilla soap. it works well for me. a gentle soap is better to keep your face clean.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Neutragena has some pretty good acne products but I actually use Swiss Miss green tea facial wash and citrus green tea facial scrub. If I have some acne surface, I use some rubbing alcohol with cue tip on that spot. The rubbing alcohol dries and evaporates so its not on your face for long but it helps to dry up the acne.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Try skinplicitys acne regimen. It's like Proactive but with a much much better moisturizer. I was having the same problem with proactive but this helped.
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010