The Most dumbest/sad thing happen this morning!!

My DH noticed my Period was late i also noticed.. we are ttc, and i don't want to get ahead of myself so i was going to wait a good while to make sure my period wants going to come, he didn't catch on and went out and bought me a surprise pregnancy test! i took it this morning and it was a pretty clear but light +!!!(my period is 5 days late) i was SOOO happy.. The test was a clear blue we were very happy! i actually called my BestFriend @6am (4am her Time ) and told her what was up! and she said go buy a clear blue digital one that says Pregnant or not Pregnant so i did and it sure enough said Not Pregnant.. I was sadly crushed! i took the test about an hour and a half later and i didnt even have anything to drink between.. idk what is going on with my body now!

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• so you're saying you got one positive and one negative?
    i think you're still pregnant... you get the most accurate results from your first pee of the day and false positives are really pretty much non-existent.
    I'd say congratulations to you!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Ok.. First of all... a postive is a postive. Not every test has the same level of sensitivity. Most likely the one you used first was most likely more sensitive than the second one. That second one you used is one of the last to show a postive. I think you are pregnant and congrats are in order.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:30 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i did the same thing..look it you are not all that far along the digital might not pick it up..or you could not have enough of the hormone left since you took it only a short time after the first one..dont freak you could still be preggo..i took the first one it said preggo, i drank a ton of kool aid and took another about an hour later and it said incomplete! I was tore up..so i waited longer and longer took another one and got that positive!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was always told pregnancy tests can give you false negatives but never a false positive don't know how true it is though because I got a positive from a dollar store test
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I just wanted to let you know that it takes a lot more pregnancy hormone to get a Pregnant on a digital test. It is still possible that you are pregnant and didn't have enough hormone for the digital test to read it yet. I would recommend buying another Digital Pregnancy Test and taking it with First Morning Urine. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:33 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• :( try again in a week and if its negative again go to planned parenthood and take a test there for $20. I had a bff that took 12 home pregnancy test and they all said negative and then she went to the doctor and she was 5 weeks prego. so keep your chin up. good luck
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• digital has to have enough hormones to pick up a positive. Joe blow brand a line will show up, faint, dark, etc. If it's there you are pregnant! Same thing happened to me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• aw thanks ladies for all your answers!!! i really love the support from this site! Hopefully in a week or so ill be posting IM PREGNANT lol
    SammiGirl07

Comment by SammiGirl07 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• take another one first thing in the morning, that one is more accurate,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Answer brand or First Response are the most sensative.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2010