Death threats

Limbaugh, Hannity, and Freedomworks receive death threats that are so serious that Freedomworks had to move its office to a more secure building. Now, crazies on both side, sure, but this is ridiculous. Limbaugh and Hannity are commentators and analysists of the daily news. Freedomworks is more of a PAC, but to threaten them? That isn't the way this country works. We are not the country that threatens and intimidates to get the opposition to retreat. We have to work together to stop this. We don't have to be in the same party. We do have to agree that this is wrong by either side. Please say I am right!!!!!
http://www.examiner.com/paulding-county-republican-in-atlanta/sean-hannity-freedomworks-and-rush-limbaugh-receive-death-threats

http://politics.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2010/08/25/tea-party-group-hit-with-death-threats

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Jesse,

Your not going to stop the death threats, it has been going on for over 200 years. America is great, but it sure has a bunch of mixed nuts in it. You get a lot of people that threaten, but thank God very very few try to carry it out. But, then again it only takes one.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree. this is crazy. but it makes you really think that they may be getting to the core of this issues and the truth that people dont want to know about. i am all for hannity and other tea partiers. I guess now you could call me a terrorist based on the new justice department release on it. anyone following the "old/current" constition are terrorists? well, i think of my self as more of a conservative/ teapartier but if that means I am a terrorist so be it!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• but it makes you really think that they may be getting to the core of this issues and the truth that people dont want to know about

Does that mean that David Letterman, Conan O'Brien and Catherine Zeta-Jones were getting to the core of some truth that people didn't want to know about? How about John Lennon and Rebecca Schaeffer? They actually were killed, it wasn't just threats. Celebrities get stalked and celebrities get death threats. Some get more than others. That doesn't somehow mean they are more noble or imparting some great wisdom. It means they are famous and on tv a lot.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I swear people are losing their ever loving minds.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• That's not true. The Secret Service said that Obama has not received anymore death threats then any other President.

I just saw that the other day.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• There is no excuse for death threats- it makes the threateners (of which there are plenty on both sides) look bad and accomplishes nothing. Certainly nothing constructive, which is what this country could use.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I agree with candle5.

I think if some of the news stations would stop calling the talk shows hosts names, Like nut jobs, racist, loony, That may help keep the crazy people stay at home so stick to the facts and stop the name calling!!.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• People who make threats like that are the true terrorist. Takes a real psycho to go threaten another person for no other reason then not liking their POV.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• jesse123456

Comment by jesse123456 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Its crazy. People are becoming more and more immoral everyday.
    Our Presidnet has been receivng more death threats since Jan2009 than any other President according to reports from the Intelligence agencies too....that is really horrible.
    What is happening to people?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010