How could somebody threaten....

to shoot a puppy? I was at my son's football practice today and two teenagers (who's younger brother is on our team) walk up and you can see that they are upset and they have two puppies in their hands. When asked about them they informed us that the owner said if somebody didn't take the pups they were going to shoot them. I thought they were being dramatic at first but they pointed out the owner of the pups and their mom went over to him and found out what they said was true. This idiot was really going to shoot these puppies. So now I have one and the teenagers have the other.

How could somebody do that?

Juggalette0327

Asked by Juggalette0327 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pets

• WOW! Some people are So Heartless & Unbelievable! I am so glad that the teens were there at the right time & you were there to help them out & take one of the puppies!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• People are just unthinking and heartless. Our dog, who has been gone for some time now, was part of a litter that was thrown in the river! She and one sibling survived. She was the best, mellowest dog. Poor thing had drowning nightmares for years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I am glad that the puppies were saved from a horrible fate. My question is did you get the man's info and report him to animal control? If you have not done so yet I would definitely report him. You have the teens word and then the mother's too. Please do something so that this will not happen again in a few months when his female ends up having another litter.

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That is terrible!! I'm glad you were able to save them!
    Jamie K.

Answer by Jamie K. at 10:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I know licensed breeders that euthanized puppies for not having proper markings. Also in the Mid west people do it all the time for unwanted pups and kittens. Shoot them, drown them, bury them. I don't agree with it though. I say just get them fixed so they stop breeding!. It's one of those not so pleasant parts of life.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• unfortunetly, that is not the worst thing I have heard or even seen. I have worked in the animal field for a long time and have seen the worst side of people. It is very sad.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• wow thats horrible but it comes back to the point that people should get educated about fixing their dogs. if his dog wouldnt had the puppies they wouldnt have to worry about findign them a home. but yes thats very horrible im glad you kept one
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I haven't gotten the info yet But I planned on doing that tonight since we have practice again tonight. I am going to be reporting them to animal control.
    Juggalette0327

Comment by Juggalette0327 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ugh. I probably would have told the guy I feel the same way about people that don't spay and neuter their pets - I want to shoot them. What an a-hole.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well, I have a pyscho neighbor who threatened to shoot my pup!!!! He is an as*!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010