dressing kids

just wondering if anyone else makes a big deal out of what their child wears on the first day of school? I do, I made sure I got my dd a special dress.

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• as long as they match that is all i worry about
    amandaeastman

Answer by amandaeastman at 10:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My mom always made a big deal out of First day clothes, but by day two we were back to the same old... If my kids want to have a new First Day outfit, I'll get them one, but if they don't care I won't make a big deal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I dont make a big deal, I let my son wear what he wants. I mean he wears clean and nice clothing, but I am not going to make him dress up like it is picture day or something..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• When my oldest was little I could get her to wear a nice outfit (dress or something special she only wore to school). Then for 3 years my kids went to Catholic school so they wore uniforms. This is their first year back in public school and I tried to convince them to wear something nice but they all refused. Right now I'm just happy if their clothes are clean, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• As long as they look nice and are clean, I let them pick what they want to wear.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• not really I made a big deal out of it when I was in school but with 3 boys and a hubby to get ready (one only to go the bus stop and back home 18 months old) not to mention my parents getting ready and leaving for work...no I don't make that big of a deal...just that its nice, not torn, and clean....most of the time it goes in the drawers clean somehow it gets dirty when the boys rummage through to get their own clothes go figure.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• As a low income, big family, we never were able to buy new things for the start of school, but I definitely hit the thrift stores to replace torn/stained stuff. I let my kids pick their own clothes, within reason.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My mom always did. And she already is with my dd, but I figure as long as she is clean I'm not going to be too picky.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I didn't make a big deal about it. The night before the first day, I told her to get her clothes laid out for the next morning and she picked out her own dress. It's what she does every day.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I let my daughter pick out an outfit for the first day of school... doesn't have to be dressy, just as long as it's something she wants.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2010