Breastfeeding moms beyond 12mos adult content

I am not really sure where to put this...I BF my 2 1/2 yr old for 20 mos. I still have milk. Recently the doc discovered I have a lump in my breast which I am wondering if it is related to the fact I still have milk after 10mos.

How long does it typically make for milk to dry up? I BF my middle child 20mos too and don't remember milk this long.

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• It took my breasts over a year to dry up, and then I got pregnant again and it came RIGHT BACK... I think the longer you nurse the longer it takes to dry up... I nursed for 36 months between 2 kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i dried up within a month each time.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• wow...mine dried up completely within 2 weeks. i guess it depends on if you stimulate the nipples. like you're not supposed to touch them and you're supposed to wear a tight bra and keep them away from the hot water in the shower. if ur doing all that then the milk should have dried up but if not try that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• the lump might be a blocked duct.....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I breatfed all seven of my kids for 2 1/2 yrs each. It took a couple years after the last one quit nursing to totally dry up- I, too, had a lump for a bit in that first year post-nursing- turned out to be a clogged milk duct.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't think my milk has ever gone away :) I have been breastfeeding for over 6 yrs(4 kids). I don't think there is a specific amount of time it should or shouldn't take to dry up.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• wow, the womans body is amazing to feed so many kids for so many years....wow again.
    I was done about a week after i had stopped but i did not breastfeed long. I must say what Mamahobbit said makes perfect sense to me.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010