Sinus infection???

Haven't had one in years so help refresh my memeory - my symtoms:
Congestion for approx 2 weeks - not getting better
Burning in the face, under the eyes with headache (AKA: faceache)
Decongestant takes the edge off but the burning in the sinuses is still there slightly when breathing in
but.... no fever
Sinus infection or a cold?? What do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• those symptoms is a sinus infection....colds are 7-10 days with relief as it goes on.....yes nasal discharge clear is allergies as stated...but the thing to remember green is closer to B=BACTERIA yellow is closer to V=VIRUS.....its something to always keep in the back of your mind....bacteria can be treated and should be treated with meds to kill the bacteria...virus has to run its course.....have you tried a nettie pot? aka nasak irrigation? look it up its gross but it works wonders!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No fever probably not sinus infection.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• IDK - if it's localized vs systemic you can have a infection without a fever. That's why I'm not sure

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• any nasal discharge? If so, is it colored? Colored discharge is an earmark of infection.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I always heard that you can tell by what comes out of your nose. If it's clear, it's allergies........If it's yellow it's a cold.......If it looks greenish, you have a sinus infection. Press on your forehead right above your eyes, is it sore? What about the cheek area on both sides of your face, is it sore? If the answer to these is yes, you probably do have a sinus infection. The roof of my mouth usually hurts too. I have had more than you'll ever know.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Not getting any better after two weeks I'd go get seen.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've been irrigating with saline for a week or so, so things have been pretty clear. But the burning has me convinced. I think I'll call the doc... just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a wuss. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010