baby food ?

when did you start to give your baby stage 1 foods? is 4 months to soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4 mos is fine. Start with Veggies bc if u start with Fruits baby will love the sugar and then might not like the veggies. If baby is hungry start giving him food. Lots of doctors say 46 months that is too late. By 6 mos baby should have tried all veggies and fruits and starting stage 2
    Good Luck
    MamaMateo

Answer by MamaMateo at 4:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Thats about when I started giving my daughter them. They say to start with like the fruits and do like one a week or something so they can get used to it and to know if that have any allergic reactions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i started at 4 months.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I started cereal at 2 months and babyfood at 3 months.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You're supposed to start with yellow and orange vegetables [squash, carrots] and then to other vegetables [peas, etc] and THEN fruits last. Otherwise baby will get accustomed to sweet things and have bad eating habits. 4 months is fine. I'm starting my son now and hes 4 months.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I started cereal with my LO around 2 months, then baby food at 3 months. I would introduce two veggies, then a fruit until I went through all the Stage 1's. My son didn't turn his nose up to the veggies after having fruit, so I don't agree with the past poster. Make sure that when introducing a new food, feed it to them for 4 days and watch out for allergies.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• thats around when i started. then we moved to stage two pretty quickly because the jars are a little bigger. we just got to stage 3 foods and shes 9 months now.
    GwenythsMom

Answer by GwenythsMom at 12:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My son had rice cereal in bottles starting at 5 weeks and 2.5 weeks. Their doctors advised me. I started my older son on fruits first, because that is what I was told to do 12 years ago... and then my second son on veggies first. I don't think it matters... whatever. But four months old is when they started.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008