Single parents,married but your husband is away all the time.

We have no down time,meaning we don't have time to be sick,rest,or do anything that will take time from them. If you just feel bad,or just real sleepy you just have too suck it up. Especially if you have small kids. This is my way of saying being a mother is a full time job. And for a SAHM much love to you.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• my husband is away emotionally does that count for anything? my husband comes home and stares at the TV for 5 hours every night, he even watches TV while he eats...i'm talking his eyes never leave the TV screen type of eating wear his fork some how makes it to his mouth...no matter what it is he just stares at that damm TV...I get no help or support..DH uses the excuse we live in town....yeah 600 hundred people...he claims he would be more active in the country...I highly doubt that...a person who is active and interested does so no matter where they are...they are not lazy because of their surroundings ...either you have motivation or you don't...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, that's count I think that's worst.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sorry ya'll but you aren't single parents...you are parents with lazy spouses. There is a difference. You can put a foot up his butt if you want too.

I am a single mom and from the time I pick her up after work till the time I drop her off the next day, guess what...there is no one else that will help do the housework or give me a break with her. Just me.

So while I understand your suffering, you are not single parents
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• OP, no offense since your Dh is gone but I am sure that you knew that he would be when you decided to have kids.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• wow, i see this post going down hill Op. anyways yes, i know how you are feeling, my dh is deployed and its up to me to keep everything together. i dont complain much. but i do miss having me time. thank goodness he comes home in a few more months!!

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I don't know who you ladies are referring too but I am a single mother. And the ladies that are married, have u ever thought for a moment, that he was there and situation could of changed after the kids. That's my situation his job closed down so he started driving trucks.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Sorry that's the same lady
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Jade, really didn't need to do the second post....not really relavant. People's situations change. It's not fair to throw something like that. It does feel lonely and tough when there isn't a single person to help you relationship or not. My hubby worked out of state for two years. It was a lot of work. I had a full time job, picked them up, did everything else cooking, cleaning, discipline etc. I didn't just sit around and collect his money. I have been the single mom before. I'll say it once and I'll say it again, wether or not you are with someone you chose to have kids. There is always a chance that things won't work out, which can lead to single parenting. Parenting isn't easy single or married. They all have downers.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My sister in law is going through this now my brother is over in kirkuka working civilian for the military for a year they have a 2 yr old and she lives 2 hours away granted she come up often but its still hard, it is hard.....I was a single mom for awhile I know what its like and I feel all your pain, much love, and to anyone that doesn't get what this means don't bother posting bc you're just wasting space
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I've been on my own before and I've been married 10 years. Back in April my husband moved across the country for his job and left my alone with 4 kids (between the ages of 4 and 9) and I was 6 months pregnant with our 5th child. I had no car so I had to take the bus everywhere or walk. Every other day I walked to the grocery store a few blocks away and carried home stuff we needed (until I finally found a little cart to buy). It wasn't the first time either. He was gone from early April until the baby was born mid-July. Before that he worked in another state and had a 4 hour daily commute (2 hours each way) so he was gone all day long and often just slept at work because it took too long to drive home and back when working late. He missed the entire pregnancy and I was an emotional wreck having to deal with everything on my own. It was exhausting. I could never make it as a single parent.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2010