so

I just transitioned my daughter to milk today!! Now im wondering how yall mommies carry milk when they are out & about. Hate how it has 2 stay cold. So just wondering how yall did it and what yall used. Oh and how to help transition to sippy. Shes still using a bottle.

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have a small nilon bag type thing that i put ice packs in
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I never took milk out. I just gave them water if they were thirsty when we were out. But I also breastfed until they were one year or over one so I always had that option. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I have a couple of different sized cooler bags that I use depending on how much other food I am carrying. I use a blue ice thing if I think we are going to be out for a while. But mostly when we are out, I give my son water or watered down juice. I don't like traveling with milk because where we live its really really hot. I save milk for at home.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh and also, I still breastfeed too :) That always travels well!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 11:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• they make milk that has been highly heated that doesn't have to be refrigorated. kinda like yoo hoo, only as whole milk. i carry that. believe it or not i found it at the dollor store and it works great. i wasnt so sure at first but i cooked with it, used it in sippy cups in a pinch and it is fine. it says best served cold but it doesnt have to be. the brand is gossner foods. congrats on the transition
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I put it in a bottle and go....if it will be over 90 degrees than I don't bring it bc my family doesn't tolerate dairy well in heat, BUT at the same time, my baby doesn't like to drink anything cold SO, I put it in a bottle or sippy and go....I can't drink cold milk either....makes me sick to my stomach, they have insulated sippy cups and bottles
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I never take it out really. I do have little single serve containers of organic milk that dont have to be refrigerated in my diaper bag just in case. I just give him water/diluted juice when we are out.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I never took milk. He had watered down juice or water.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When my oldest turned a year she was using a bottle with milk only at nap and bed times and I got her using sippy cups with everything but milk. This went on for a few months but two weeks ago I made a permanent transition to the "Big Girl Cup". To be honest I felt bad but to show her I meant business with the no baby bottle policy I gave her her "Big Girl Cup" and let her watch me throw her bottle away. She cried for a few minutes and got over it. The next nap time I had a hard time giving her the milk because she was dumping it out instead of drinking it but she got over her tantrum quickly and I am proud to say she is bottle free. As to travel with milk I tried to keep it to a minimum but if I was out for very long i just stopped by a convenience store. They sell small 10 ounce bottles of milk.
    Amelia A.

Answer by Amelia A. at 3:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I dont brink it out with me. I give water or sometimes juice. No need to travel with milk if you dont want to. it is a hassle.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2010