unbearable pain. please help !!

im 38 weeks pregnant. couple of weeks ago the i felt the most comfortable while lying on my comfy bed. sitting on my couch, walking or standing (like cooking or just standing in one place for a long time) was worse than hell for me! now since past one week when i lie on my bed, i feel this terrible pain in my vagina area and inner thighs. its so bad that i can't even change sides without screaming out loud ! but sitting or walking is not that painful anymore. anyone has any idea y is it that? i do have doctor's appointment in the morning, but just wanted to get your opinions if somebody has gone through this and has any idea how to put an end to it :(

another stupid question, no bashing plz *blushing*
what happens first ? your water breaks or contractions start ? first pregnancy and never really studied medical so i dont know !! :-s ... sorry !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the pain is probably your baby's head already down there and in position, with my first daughter I got contractions first then my water broke with my second daughter my water broke and 2 hours later contractions started, so it just depends, it can happen either way.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:04 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't wait. I would go to the hospital tonight
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it's your pelvic muscles and bones preparing for birthing....I expirienced it too and still have it post pregnancy, but this past one was my 4th. with the pregnancy before that though it went away right after the twins were born.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It can go either way.. Before your water breaks or you start contractions normally you will lose a mucus plug. It looks like a clump of clear mucus along with a touch of blood. This will indicate labor will be starting soon. Good luck :-)....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Round ligament pain maybe? It's the ligament that holds the uterus intact. I spent a great deal of my last pregnancy in pain. Felt like someone kicked me in the crotch! It got worse up to delivery! It's dangerous, and you would know a contraction from round lig pain. Contrctions squeeze and come and go. This doesn't stop.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• the head is low, sometimes it is sitting on a nerve and that makes it even worse.
    either can happen first. just take notice that the pain in your vagina is not coming and going or getting more intense (like contractions).

a trick i always used to see how close I was to labor- take your palm, (or the width of your 4 fingers), place it just over the inside of your left ankle. measure up from your ankle the width of your four fingers and find the pressure point. does it hurt like hell to touch it or is it numb? if it still hurts, your cervic is still thinning. if it is numb, your cervic is thinned and labor is not too far away. it always worked for me, you can google pregnancy pressure points if you want more details.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• if it feels like someone is stabbing you in the vagina with a knife, it is ligament pain. it happens more the closer you get to your due date. sorry. it is normal and it hurts a lot:(
    my water broke first before both of my labors started (contractions, etc)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I never had a contaction til 8 hours into labor... My water broke at home and I got nothing til 8 hours into being at the hospital.... I never looked into what happen either... I was going too.... and then just got into being pregnant and busy.... and then my water broke at 37 weeks.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would agree that its things preparing for birth but that much pain for that long I would go to the hosp and get checked just to be safe...if its nothing they will monitor you for a little while and send you home....if its something you might have a baby...you are considered term so the baby will be safe if its born from this point on
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010