How come there seems to be so many groups regarding "working at home.?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• Because there are lots of us trying to either WAH or build a network for our business... I know alot of them are for certain teams only...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Easy, everyone is promoting their scam hoping to bring people in to make money.

There are entire groups within CafeMom which are dedicated to scamming moms into thinking programs like cash create will make them money. They even call it a JOB!
    I'm banned from most of these groups. What is even better are the groups that promote - promoting your "At Home Scam" I mean business. Everyone goes there to promote, no one actually goes there to look for work.
    You will find 20 AmeriPlan, Tupperware, Avon ads in a row all read the same way, but everyone believes that leaving the information there is going to bring people in to their business. (Note, Tupperware and Avon are not scams, I don't think you can make any real income with them, but they are not scams.)
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• That is so not true works4mom.com! Jeez...Alot of us on here are good people and I know for sure I would never introduce a scam to someone! Anyway, to answer your question...that is because alot of us want to work at home instead of working at other places outside of your home. Plus there are others that are looking for moms that do want to work at home so they create a group.
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• There are a lot of legitimate work from home businesses. I believe people go through stages. First they want some easy and fast money so they try the free opportunities that sound real easy to do. They spend a lot of time and maybe even some money trying the quick and easy. Then they finally realize there is no such thing as easy money and that is when they start looking for something "real". Companies like Tupperware, Avon, etc. give women an opportunity to have a flexible business and you are only limited by the lack of effort and commitment you put in.

It's not easy to have your own business. It takes a lot of work and time, but at least you can work around your family schedule. So, there are so many work at home groups because moms are out there working their business.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 4:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• People working from home and want to share it with others.
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 4:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Right businesswife1, You are telling me this is a list of legit home business? http://www.cafemom.com/group/12194/boards/read/4709405/THESE_ARE_ALL_MY_GPT_SITES_GO_AHEAD_AND_TAKE_A_PEEK

That entire group is dedicated to scamming moms with GPT sites. I'm not saying that you can't make money with affiliate marketing, I MAKE MONEY with affiliate marketing. But I don't scam moms with BS like cash crate and snap dollars. I use honest affiliates.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have to agree with Works4Mom.com!! I was never able to make any significant monies with GPT sites!!

I finally found a legit company that is listed with the BBB and has been in business for 23 years!! I make enough to supplement my husband's income and be able to stay home with my kids enjoying all their milestones!!

MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 8:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• So many people want to be able to stay home with their children, but need that second income. Most people are in need of a job-job or linear income (trading time for dollars) and others are looking for a residual income (doing something once and then getting paid over and over for it). The dream is to create a residual income, so that you can eventually retire and not have to keep working.
    Before you get started in any home business, I highly recommend you educate yourself about network marketing, how to be successful at it, know what to look for in a good company, etc.
    I can teach you all this and more for free! Visit my profile to learn more and to start the training visit: http://sally.mentoringforfree.com

To your success,
    Sally
    MamaKush

Answer by MamaKush at 8:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I personally have a WAH group... I started mine because I couldn't find one I liked... I wanted a group that would help me to buid my business... NOT find another one. I wanted a group where WAH moms could come together and help eachother, ask questions, and learn from one another along with just blow off steam. I do have a place for ads, specials and introductions but I save the main forum for non-advertising conversations, tips, tricks, and just good ol' networking... You are welcome to join us if you wish... I am just getting things started but it's building fast!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/ChangeingLives

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It is just like the YELLOW PAGES..where do most people look first...at the A's, so when people open business they name it starting with an "A" same concept with cafemom groups...when you do a search, depends on the keywords used for the groups or group names,,,that is the one that will pop up first... so every group is basically competing against each other...

And regarding the SCAMS.. do you actually know what a scam is? means NOT real and they only take your money...i am sure many of these jobs listed are real, but you do have to go thru a lot of BS to earn money... I say, do your research and check them out before you commit to anything. Many moms here have done them and you will see posts on their thoughts...
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2008