How do I paint a dresser?

I finally got a lingerie chest but it needs to be painted. It has a glossy finish and I want to paint it to match my make up table. D0 any of you have any ideas to get the paint to stick? It is not Formica or plastic, but a high gloss finish. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 11:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• First, sand it down so its rough a scratchy. Second, paint it with a generous coat of primer (found in the paint isle). Third, paint it whatever color you want, no second coat should be necessary.
    Do not buy the primer and paint in one...that is for walls only and not for glossy furniture.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ditto to the 1st answer. Brush what you have to and roll the rest....... Have fun !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Thanks, I hope it comes out okay. I will also be changing the hardware to match my makeup table. I am putting it in my sons old room with a twin bed, my make up table and the lingerie chest. I have found a small mismatched end table that I will paint the same. Thanks all.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yea sand it down good ad primer and paint it the color u wish and a second coat is only if it needs it
    pamnjim

Answer by pamnjim at 12:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010