Does anyone else ever want to choke their pharmacy workers?

I have been waiting 3 hours for the pharmacy to fill my sons prescriptionand now they tell me they have no record of it ever being called in. Back to waiting for the DR to call me again and then the pharmacy again. Can I please get off of this merry go round?

dmbutler

Asked by dmbutler at 11:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• Is the pharmacy Walgreens??? LOL That is the one place that always pissed me off about something when it came to the pharmacy.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• try going to the pharmacy with a preemie and the freaks give you the wrong syringe to dose the baby..i overdosed my preemie for 3days before i realized what was happening..my pedi told me i was lucky she didnt have an allergic reaction and kill her! I did file a report and changed pharmacys!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah, they suck
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• OK, I am definately the minority of this question but I love Walgreens especially ours! I needed a special medication (one they don't keep on hand) which they ordered but the costs were $587.27 and it went as high as $735.35...they worked with me to make sure I had the perscription when it was time for the refil before I even needed to refill it! They even offered to help if I could not afford it they were going to set me up with a few and i would just pay by the pill if needed! Something that they don't always do!!! Now I am on a first name basis with them! ..................Now I did have bad experiences also with the waiting and such but it always seems to be because some crazy people don't know their insurance and their medications need prior autherization ....just like mine ...but instead of tring to call the doctors office and such the sit there and YELL at the lady just taking money and handing out the perscriptions!!!
    insanemom3

Answer by insanemom3 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• From what you are saying, it is not the fault of the pharmacy the order was not put in to the system right away. Sometimes with prescriptions, a nurse puts them in and the doctor has to sign off on it before the pharmacy can fill it. Sometimes the doctor does not put it in right away like they say they will. I've gone to the doctor, she's said she'll put it in "right away" and I can go pick it up only to go home, log on to walgreens.com and find it is not in the system until a few hours later.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• How'd you guess walgreen's!!
    dmbutler

Comment by dmbutler (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol I actually used to go to walmart and they gave me attitude every single time and they never had the prescription ready or they would wait till you came in for your pick up to tell you they didn't have any.....seriously?!?!? so I switched to my grocery store haven't had a problem in years!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Grocery store pharms are really the best, not sure why but they are
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Our pharmacy does a very good job so I've never felt like choking them.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2010