Did any of you attend or watch the Glenn Beck rally?

No surprise here, I am conservative in my beliefs and I do rely on G-d for the wisdom to make good choices in my life. I really feel this Nation is at a cross roads, do the right thing or just tack on more debt and end up in some sort of Nanny State. I did watch and I am really happy he had the courage to speak out that we have to get back to the basics of the US Constitution and the US Bill of Rights. I don't care if someone has a D or an R by their name when they run for political office. I also think term limits should be in place. It is okay to serve your Nation but not to make it a career. This is my own opinion and I am opened minded enough to know that there will be those who think I am bonkers.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 11:49 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, watched the whole thing! I believe it is time for our country to be governed by men and women of honor! It is time that someone called us all out for being less than honorable! Put whatever name you like to it, honors, morals, ethics etc., it is sorely lacking in our society as a whole. I am tired of being presented with candidates from both parties that are just hacks and puppets for the party agenda. They are not necessarily people who will or even could represent the best interest of the people because they know nothing about the people whom they are supposed to be serving. And yet they are empowered to enact laws, name judges and even declare war! If a man or woman cannot conduct themsef appropriately in their private or public affairs, how are we to to trust their judgement with such huge responsibilities? And if we are ourselves do not live our lives honorably, what right do we have to judge anyone else?
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it wasnt supposed to be a political rally so they did seperate it

Doesn't work that way. You don't spend weeks on tv before and after talking about how the only way to "fix" the country is for everyone to find God (provided you are Jewish or Christian - all those other religions are the bad guys, and of course, the atheists, it's all their fault), and then get to turn around and say what you were doing isn't "political". There is more to the state than a party. If you are one minute saying that the people need to "take back the government" and the next saying that the people need to "turn back to God" you are combining church and state every bit as much as a nation that combines sharia law with government-enforced law. Just because in this case you agree with the religion being touted doesn't make it any less wrong.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Watch it, enjoyed it, really liked hearing Dr. Alveda King.  Glad to see they also raised over $5 million for the Operations Warrior Foundation. 

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• tryingtobgood .. it wasnt supposed to be a political rally so they did seperate it . I just listenened to Dr Alveda King on youtube.. it was so worth hearing it again. I most of the rally , just not the beginning since I was on western time. It is up at this site to watch for those interested.

http://www.watchglennbeck.com/restoringhonor/

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• NO I didn't but to be fair I don't like the guy.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't like or agree with anything this buffoon has to say, or anyone associated with him that thinks along the same lines.

Answer by older at 7:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, didn't see it or watch the guy. Never really heard about him until this rally.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I watched the guy speak a little, but it was very brief. I think he is ok. But I would rather see someone who can separate church from state. Not everyone in this country is a Christian. I am, but some of my friends aren't.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I listened to Alveda King speak. She was very good.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm going to third what NP said. I couldn't agree more.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010