exactly how long a process is potty training a boy take?

My son is two turning 3 in October. I've recently been trying to get him started kept asking daddy for help since he's a boy got fed up hell I change the nasty diapers. So just wanted a few pointers and I guess a good time line. We moved states and just got settled in had and am dealing with his attitude issues he got from grandmas so that came first. Just so ready to have him tell me he needs to go and actually does. Also discovered he wont go if I'm there go figure! someone have any good advice?

Mrs.Cruz

Asked by Mrs.Cruz at 11:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How long.??? It took the better part of 7 months for my son... he just didn't care until I payed him a quarter to use the potty and took away a quarter if he was wet!!! LOL Hey, even at 3.5 money talks!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son turned 2 about a week ago and I've been potty training for about 1.5 weeks. He doesn't have accidents really anymore, but will sometimes avoid pooping cause he doesn't like doing it in the potty. A day or two ago we seemed to break free of that a bit and he comfortably pooped 3x in the potty, yay! We just started going out without diapers now and then. It seems like during the day will be a month or two. I have no idea about nighttime though.. I'm not thinking about that till we get this down.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• we've been on and off helping our son since 18 months.. he is turning 3 in Nov and STILL doesnt care - likes to change diapers or underpants.. tried every method except now waitining
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I tried the first time just after my son turned 2, then about three more times before he turned 3. He did not care if he was sitting in a puddle and wouldn't even tell me he was wet. He was not motivated by special rewards, decorating the potty, or putting books in the bathroom. The last time I tried it was sooooo easy. He was about 3.5 years old and I told him he would be wearing underwear during the day and pull-ups for naps and night-time. By the second day he was awsome at going pee in the toilet. Been doing it for at least a month now, and there have only been a handful of accidents. Still working on the poo though. Seems to feel uncomfortable doing it on the toilet, trys to do it in the tub (on the plus side he knows when he has to go). I didn't attempt to use rewards or anything, just a plain old snap-in potty seat for our toilet. Amazing how fast they learn when they are ready! USE UNDERWEAR, NOT PULL-UPS.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• For me, our son was the easiest (until I had to potty train our 4yo daughter). I started with him a couple months after he turned 2 but was having issues. One day I finally told my husband to take him in there and show him how. He stood our son on the stool, pointed him towards the toilet and told him to go. 4 days later he was staying dry all day and by the next week he was fully day trained. From start to finish it was about 3 1/2 months. My older girls were a pain. I started about the same age with each of them (a little after turning 2). My oldest was 3 years, 2 months and my middle dd was 3 years, 8 months when they were finally fully trained. I decided to wait with my 4yo. I started potty training her just after she turned 2 1/2. A week later she was fully potty trained and staying dry at night.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my son now 5 turned 3 in august of 2008.....my last day of work was feb 9 2009....so he was 3.5 when i said no more pull-ups. I was due with no. 3 in march. we had the issue of him pooping in the toilet everywhere but home until he got into underwear. Just because you think he's ready doesn't necessarily mean he is or his body is. If he can't feel that he needs to go, then you have to deal, but let him be if he'll go with out you, just make a deal that in a public place, he doesn't go with out you
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2010