Can you really make money buying and selling stuff on ebay or craigslist?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 11:58 PM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yup! I get Gap stuff on clearance for like $2 and can sell it for $10 easy NWT.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes i have and loved it..the catch is you need to know what a hot selling item is..and be able to set your prices to get that very item sold
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, but do it FAIRLY.. I personally don't agree with what Kisses4Henry says she does.. But hey, it's whatever.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Hell Ya....that day for Pizza that night on craig's list
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can, but you have to be really careful. I just got burned really badly on a deal
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ughhhh!
    it seems like you used to get bargains, now it seems like you just get ripped off...like buying something for $10 that cost $2.
    but i guess, if someone is willing to buy clearance items, and another is willing to pay top dollar for it, then you can make money.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yep. I've made a lot of money doing it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I bought a video that was out of print and the person new it. So he glued the box together around another VHS box cover. I felt ripped off, but at the time; I did not know I could do anything about it.
    But I have also gotten a couple of CDs off of ebay, which was a while back. And they were in good condition. Later I found the same CDs brand new for less at Target!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I never buy from ebay now.
    tryin2BGOOD

• yes!! but you have to work at it...I work at a thrift store and there is this couple that comes in...they spend hours there looking for name brand things and old things...they make over $1,000 a month!! just on Ebay alone
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2010