pubic hair and periods!

When do girls get these now days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Depenmds on the girl but onset of puberty is happening sooner and sooner. Some as early as 9 yrs old. Thank all the hormones in our beef, chicken and dairy cows for it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My now 14 year old got hers at 9 years old, and my other daughter who is 9 might be coming soon, she is developing....wow!!
    sakeenah35

Answer by sakeenah35 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My daughter just turned 11 and she's had the pubes for quite some time now, but no period. She's been getting grumpier and grumpier though! Not too long.

My kids have always had organic and it still seems young. I am sure it's genetics as well as all of the horomones in food. I was 11 when I got it and she seems right in line.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 12:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My mom says I started growing pubic hair at seven, grew hair everywhere else at eight, and started my period at nine. She blames it on all the hormones in our food nowadays. Although I don't know...there was a time when girls got married very very young and had kids at age 13 and stuff, back 100 years or so ago, yanno? So I don't think this is a huge new phenomenon. As long as the age doesn't keep going down and little four year olds are growing boobs, I'll be okay with it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Too damn young.
    Anonymous

• They say a girl will get her period 2 years after she starts growing breasts. I got mine at 12.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• 9 year old granddaughter has grown pubic hair, no periods yet. Dr. expected her to be an early bloomer and she has been.
    baileynanakathy

Answer by baileynanakathy at 1:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It all depends on the individual girl. My dd is 10 and started with "buds" at the age of 7 1/2. She now has boobs...small, but more than I had at that age. I was told by her Dr to look for her 1st period anytime after her ninth bday. She is now 10 and hasn't had one yet, but we are ready and we talk about it often. I got her a book called,"What's Happening to my Body" a guide for young girls, by Lynda Madaris. It was educational for us both and we've read it numerous times together and individually. Look at your family (your dh's side too) and get a good age guestimate of when your dd will start hers. I was a late bloomer (14), when the women in my fam and my dh's were avg 10 and 11 for their first periods. Good luck!
    masastan

Answer by masastan at 4:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It is normal for girls to start puberty at 8. If her breasts have already started to develop, she will usually get her period 2 or 2 1/2 years later. Of course everyone is different and there are exceptions. Best of luck!!
    elvir2babes

Answer by elvir2babes at 12:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter was 12, and I had wished it could wait another year or two..... She is 19 now and I have adjusted well since then (lol). My son is almost 11 and he still seems like such a little boy. I think he will be a later bloomer, but a lot can happen in a year or two. I look at the girls in his class who are still playing with dolls, but also thinking about the boys.....It is such a confusing age when some of the kids are starting to seem like teenagers and some are still kids. Two best friends can wind up seeming so different that they can hardly relate to each other.....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008