How would you feel if your husband was talking to his ex gf on facebook?

Husband and ex gf talking on facebook and she repeatedly asked to go out to dinner or meet up. He says he would be okay if the roles were reversed. He knows that i dont feel comfortable with him talking to ex gf's since he lied about talking to them and didnt even tell me he briefly saw his ex during a weekend out of town away from me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• If he seems to be sneaky about it, I would be suspicious. Before we were married, when we first got together, my husband had an X who constantly tried to cause problems and get him to break up with me. He added her to facebook a while back and I let him have it (there was a history of nothing but trouble from this "whore") He realized he had made a booboo and deleted her, telling me he hadn't thought about how it would make me feel to accept her friend request. But there had been several previous occasions where they had started talking and she would try to convince him to meet up with her or to leave me. She would even yell at him like they were still dating or something. Made me wonder wtf he saw in her in the first place bc of how much she yelled at him, even when they weren't dating! ....but yeah, I would put an end to it if she starts trying to cause probs
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wait, he lied? oh,no. I'd kick his butt.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Personally I would be annoyed. I don't know though I still keep in touch with some of the guys I dated in college on facebook but we don't talk, just comment on whatever the other person says sometimes. If it's a regular thing I would be really annoyed- probably bordering on pissed off.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 12:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i would be extremely uncomfortable with it. it's one thing to accept a friend request, but it's a whole different story when you start saying "we should meet up.. have dinner.. etc". big no-no and i would not be shy to make sure that this fact is known. it seems like he's saying he'd be ok if the roles are reversed because he wants you to give him the ok & he's trying to show that it's not a big deal. it might be innocent now, but it only takes another step before it goes too far. i'd tell him to nip it in the bud right now.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ok so meet up with your ex and have dinner .. this is why I have no interest in FB.. seems only bad will come of this.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• or ask if you can go to dinner with them! and tell them both at the same time that this moment will be the last they see or hear from each other.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I can count 5 friends that had affairs by reconnecting with ex's on facebook. and I don't have but about 6 friends. ; )

even if it was completely on facebook and no talk of meeting elsewhere- when you play with fire you get burned.

tell him no. if you both need to deactivate facebook and go to counseling or recommitt to each other, you should do that.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• How long ago did they date? I have ex's on my facebook, but it has been so long that we dated that if we did hang out now it would be strickly for friendship reasons. Also, almost all but 5 of my 200 friends on there I say that to, but we will never actually meet up.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would be pissed!
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• DH and I both talk to ex's on FB but neither of us would go out to dinner with them! Unless she's inviting BOTH of you out to dinner preferably with her BF/DF/DH then it's not cool.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010