Negative pregnancy test... 2 1/2 weeks late

I took a pregnancy test when I was 1 week late, then 2 weeks late. Both clearly negative. I'm never late so this is really odd. Just wondering if anyone has had a test come back negative a couple weeks after being late and then finding out the tests were wrong? Or any reasons why I would be late. IDK!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The whole "99.9% accurate" part is if the test reads positive, not if it reads negative. I would test again and have a test set up with my OB.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i knew i was preggo with my oldest but didnt get a positive test till 8 weeks(4 weeks late) i took 5 different tests.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When I started TTC with my 1st and so far only pregnancy my periods started running long. I think it was just hormones and stress from wanting to be pregnant or thinking maybe I was pregnant. Whatever it was my cycles started running 50+ days. Stress can throw you off, or a change in activity level or diet. When I did get pregnant though I conceived on the day that I would have expected my period!.. so I got a negative test until I was about 2 weeks late officially. If you are hoping to be pregnant, good luck!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 12:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Usually home pregancy test are pretty accurate but you can get a false positive. Testing in the morning when you first wake up will give the pregancy test a better reading on whether there is the pregancy hormone HCG. If being late is something that is not common for you there is the chance you could be expecting. Taking a test at the doctor office can help to clear up any concerns you may have. Typically you may experience various signs of pregancy before getting a positive on a pregancy test.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'd head in to the Dr if you are worried about it, if a wait and see attitude works, then do so. I was another one that tested positive 7 days preg with my first, at 3 wks with my second and then negative with my 3rd at 4 wks, but pos at 5.5! So for some of us it is different just pregnancy to pregnancy.
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 12:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I doubt you are, there must be something that you are stressed over, whether you know it or not. Not only that but if you think in the slightest way you are preggo, you body will throw out symptoms like you are when you aren't. I have never had a test show up negative and be pregnant, though I know on rate occasion it happens. If you are concerned, go get blood work done at the docs for pregnancy.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i and my daughter who both have very regular cycles have both inexplicably skipped periods on a couple occasions.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010