childs birthday party. Thank you cards or no?

Do you send out thank you cards after your childs birthday? Do you expect one after your child attends a party?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• BTW, why wouldn't we expect a 9-12 yr. to write a thank you card? No WAY should the parent being doing it for them!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes I have my son send them. The rule is he can't play with the gift until he writes a short thank you note. If he doesn't want to write it the gift can just sit until he does. I don't expect them back, but it's nice when one arrives.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• they are not expected but they are welcomed!! I know I appreciate it when I get a Thank you in the mail,,,however some parties have them set out for the birthday person to hand out to each guest as they leave
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes i send them, and no i do not expect them.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i do not expect them and i never sent them when they were little. once mine were old enough to write their own, i have them send thank you notes. it is a good practice for them.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I make sure to have my son write out thank you cards. I do this because I want my son to be in the habit of appreciating everything someone gives him. This teaches him to be thankful for what is given to him. Sometimes if the party isn't too big, I will take a photo with him and the gift he received from another child and place that in the thank you card.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I put Thank You cards in the goodie bags I send the kids home with. And I do not expect them when we attend another child's birthday party.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I always have my kids write their own thank yous- if nothing more than a picture (before they could write).
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Mama- I didn't literally mean "you" as in you write them for your kid. I'm just wondering if they need to be done after/during my kids bday party. She hasn't had one in years by her own choice oddly enough.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010