does your two year old still baby talk?

My son can say small words, No sentences yet.. But does alot of baby talk..
he turn on february 2010..

& at what age did your child stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes its normal for 2yr olds to still talk a lot of baby talk.. my soon to be 3 yr old speaks a lot but 1/2 is gibberish to me... they learn as they grow... no way to push it.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son just turned 2 and is still using some baby words. For example he can say "Daddy" but usually calls him "Dada". He attempts sentences but a lot of what he says does still sound like babble instead of English and I think it's perfectly normal for his age. Now if it were still talking like that by 4, I would be concerned.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My daughter will be 2 in March. She talks quite a bit. I made it a point not to talk in baby talk to my kids. Kids learn to talk in baby talk if they are spoken to that way. Instead I made it a point to talk to her constantly, ask her questions when she was pointing to something she wanted, and repeated words to her and I pointed to various objects. She doesn't speak in full sentences but she says quite a few words very well.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope, DD was 2 in April and talks as well as most 4 yea- olds, HUGE/unlimited vocabulary, near perfect pronunciation of 95%or more of the words she used, full sentences, etc. She was using sentences and had a vocabulary of over 500 words by 18 months though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Why brag on your kid anonymously if it's true?

My daughter is 20 months and doesn't speak baby talk but she's just now putting 2 or more words together. I was worried about her speech so we got a referral to a specialist but they say she is a LITTLE ahead for her age. Nothing to brag about ;)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ummm. my 4 year old was like that and i talked to her doctor and she refered me to an early childhood development center who tested her speach and she was very far behind. she has been in speach therapy for 2 years now and you can atleast understand her most of the time now. but if you are concerned about his speach talk to the pediatrician because the last thing you want is your child going to kindergaten unable to speak clearly.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no but my 2 year old still WHINES although verbally he's ahead of game..even his tone is in whine..arg..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my dd is 2 1/2 and mixes in baby talk with her almost-full sentences. she talks properly, but baby talks when she doesn't know what words to say to fill in the blanks.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well, my DD didn't really baby talk. She's always had problems with enunciation. I would say...of what I can understand, no. She doesn't baby talk. (She's just started speech therapy for articulation and I hope to be able to understand more soon...it's frustrating for us all).
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oops...not enunciation...articulation.
    MamaJen74