Do you think attitude and the way we carry ourselves makes a difference?

Let me explain. I was at work, and I was given extra work to do. I was out in the field and came back to the office just a few minutes before I was to go into penalty OT. My BOSS, was sitting by the time clock, she used to go home before 3pm. and now she is here to welcome us back at almost 6pm. I was waiting to hear the crap, and it didnt happen. I had my poker face on, ready for anything from her, and she started kissing my butt..I was in done mode tonight, I carried myself in done mode, I didnt kiss up to my boss. But she kissed my butt and my attitude, have you ever done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• Confidence and the way you carry yourself can really make a difference in how you are viewed and treated. At the age of 17, I could make grown men cry and other women cower just from the way I carried myself and the way I spoke. Confidence kicks butt every time.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Confidence and the way you carry yourself definitely has an impact on how you are viewed and treated!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes, the way you carry yourself matters and not just in a work place setting. How a person carries themself tells others how they want to be treated.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You also made it back BEFORE penalty over-time. The boss has probably been told to monitor OT to keep costs down. If she used to leave at 3 she is probably not very happy about now having to stay past 6 just to make sure everyone clocks back in on time. She probably starts to feel anxiety as it gets closer to OT, knowing that she will have to justify the tardiness of any late employees to her higher ups. She was probably relieved when she saw you come in right on time. The fact that she is sitting by the time clock shows that this may be a more serious issue than she has even told you guys. If I were you I would make sure you were back on time everyday.

And carrying yourself with confidence goes a long way. People think twice before they decide to mess with you.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010