How can I get my 4 y/o to start sleeping through the night again?

About a month ago my 4 y/o starting waking up in the middle of the night and climbing in bed with my husband and I or wanting to watch tv or wanting to raid the fridge. This is tough because he's getting ready to start pre-k this week. Any ideas about how to get him back on schedule?

bean4700

Asked by bean4700 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know it is hard, but keep putting him back in bed immediately after he comes into your room. Don't feel bad about doing this...you're not being cruel. He's probably a little nervouse about starting school...talk with him and see if you can do anything to make him feel more at ease.
    NaturalMomma219

Answer by NaturalMomma219 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• all i can think of is removing naps if he has any and later meals that way he'll sleep all night and have food in his stomach.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• tough love is all i can suggest... you have to stick to your guns... sleeping or not, my kids are in their room...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010