Green poop

I just switched my dd from enfamil to nestle good start yesterday and today she had dark green bowel movements! Is this normal?

blueeyes71883

Asked by blueeyes71883 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, anytime you change their formula you will see a change. It takes a week or so for their system to adjust.

It is also a sign of being sick so just keep an eye on her.
    troie0527

Answer by troie0527 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Does the new formula have iron in it? I read that iron with the formula makes the poop more green and that's been my experience with my son- I breastfeed mostly, but he's had formula on occassion and when its been mostly formula his poop is green. The formula I use has iron added to it.
    FACMom

Answer by FACMom at 10:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I dont like the good start. We moved to Tn. and i got wic but the only formula i could get was good start. we had always used similac. but when we swithed it seemed like she never went number 2. and if she did it hurt her to go. So i dont use Good start. WE LOVE SIMLAC....
    Anonymous