What should say to her? If anything at all.

My friends son came up to speak to me today and told me his mom was dodging me from coming over. Now the boy is 4 yrs old. So should I say something to her about this? Or should I let it go? The bitch in me wants to confront her, but the theere is a part of me that doesn't want to believe she would say such a thing. I am really heart broken over this. What should I do? Now if she did not say anything like this, why would he feel the need to say it. This is why people should watch what they say around their kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think you should mention it to her but in a nice nonconfrontational way. Tell her your feelings are hurt, give her a chance to speak. If you don't say anything then it will only boil up inside you more and you wont ever find out the real truth.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm an up front type of person. I would call her out on it, and ask what I had done to offend her in such a manner. But I'm a blunt object when it comes to being up front and open in communications.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• if it were me, i'd leave it alone. i'm a pretty passive person. the first reason is i wouldn't want her getting mad at her son for saying things that may or may not be true. second, if she's dodging you, i doubt she'll be honest enough to tell you why when you bring it up. i only see ugly things coming from confrontation. i'd leave it be & just give her the space she wants. you never know why she's trying to avoid you. her reason might be legit & be nothing at all. if she's a good enough friend, she won't abandon you. she might just want a little extra time to catch up on personal obligations before hanging out. i wouldn't take it too personal. i'd like to give people the benefit of doubt. people are not always as bad or mean as we perceive. sometimes we take innocent things and turn it into a personal attack when it's completely not the case.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i would let it be for now. wait a few days and than ask her in a non threatening way why she was wanting to avoid you. it could be nothing at all or maybe she has something going on with her family that she needs to deal with right now. i would just ask GOD to be there for her and to let you know when the right time is to talk to her.
    kennysspaz

Answer by kennysspaz at 1:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This reminds me of a story I just read. At a gathering the mom asks the daughter to say the blessing and the daughter says "but mom, I wouldn't know what to say". The mom says, "Honey, just say what you hear me say." So the daughter says "Oh God, Why did I invite all these people over?"

=) I say you let it go. She will probably act fine the next time she sees you. It was a 4 year olds version of "dodging". Maybe she was in a hurry or was running out in funky sweats/no make-up and didn't want you to see. She sees you and says to her son, "oh lets dodge her" in a completely innocent way. Don't make a big deal out of something a child said... his context is all off.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i wouldnt say anything to her at all about it... lessn your friendship with her
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 3:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010