Offensive?

My boyfriend and I were talking, and I asked him why he still loved me, to which he quickly responded, "I don't know", in a joking manner. Then, I finished asking the rest of the question, saying, after all this time, and he said he just does. After that, he said he was just joking about the I don't know part. I'm not offended by it, but I was wondering if any other ladies would be if in the same situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• No, I wouldn't be offended. I hate it when dh puts me on the spot like that and I'll usually say something like "what makes you so sure I do?" It's good to be able to joke with one another. :)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my and my s.o joke like that sometimes.. its only donein a joking manner an we dont do it all the time,, i dont get offended because i know hes just playing
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i wouldn't be offended by it. but that's because my husband and i have a very sarcastic relationship. i'll ask "why do you love me?" and he'll say "i don't know.. shoot maybe it's time to leave" and we'll both laugh. or he'll ask if i think someone is attractive & i'll respond with "i would do nasty things to that man" without even taking a glance at who he's talking about. or we'll ask each other if we cheated while we were away & the answer is always yes. i'm starting to think we're a little disfunctional. =P
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2010