Did you/ will you "trim the lawn" before your delivery? adult content

Just wondering if other women are concerned with looking, well, nice and neat down there for the delivery. Of course I wouldn't do anything overtly sexy (like a landing strip), but I think I would want to avoid looking like a hairy beast. I also plan on shaving my legs before I go to the hospital.

Of course, this is all subject to what I can even reach!

What about you?

Parker_B

Asked by Parker_B at 1:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dude, I do up keep on on that area no matter what. I flew blind the last couple months of pregnancy, but a trained landscaper doesn't need sight. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes, i landscaped before delivery. i usually keep it shaven & i was more concerned with the prickly stubs hurting my baby when he came out.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i shaved but not cause i wanted to look good, just outa habit. when the time comes your vag doesn't look good anyway with a head coming out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nope..shaving my legs yes if I can except my first came 3 weeks early. I headed to the hospital cause they told me to come not thinking I was in labor and I was...I wasn't able to shave but was going to that day! LOL But with my other two I did:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I do all that on a daily basis actually, so it won't be any different then. it does get a bit annoying, but I have this thing about body hair. it's revolting. on me. anyways, so yeah lol, it'll look like it always does.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol I've never heard that called "trim the lawn" that's too funny! From what I understand, hospital staffs are not shocked by anything, seen it all. I doubt seriously they will be offended by some natural hair.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol i have c sections so I trim it up...i normally keep it short not clean shaven I get really bad razor bumps and all that...but this time around they did the coolest thing ever...the nurse shaved me more bc I apparently didn't shave low enough for my c-section and then instead of wiping away all the hair she took a soft stick tape and rollered me LOL
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, I didn't before either of my deliveries. It was hard enough during the last month or so trying to pee into a cup without making a mess at all my doctor appointments. Didn't think I should mess with sharp objects down there.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah, I was concerned about that, but around month 6 or 7 I could no longer see my feet, so there was no way I was going to attempt trimming.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I always have anyway (I ***HATE*** being furry, feels disgusting!)... Like a PP said, I flew blind those last couple of months, but it was nice not to have to worry about it in the couple of weeks postpartum, when I couldn't shave- it meant keeping cleaner, and having less moisture trapped. Nothing worse than heavy flow, and having a crotch that feels like a pound of ground round, and not being able to properly trim it up!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2010