AT&T sucks!!!!

To you moms who have AT&T cell and house phones, do you ever get these wierd area code phone calls show up and then hang up on you? I do and it happens at least 5-10 times a day. My cell phone was doing it and then we got the house phone, thinking the phone calls had nothing to do with the company, just to have our land line bombarded with junk calls. I'm sick of it and I want to know if I'm the only one.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Allllllll the time! It's extremely frusterating!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'm so close to quitting my land line and cell phone.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Ha! Our at&t service gets bombarded with them as well, but I can't see who's calling because our caller id doesn't work!!!!! And sometimes I don't get my voicemails and I don't even get telephone calls! I can be sitting right there and the phone never rings then I have a voice mail!!! I'm so sick of our phone it's unbelievable. My internet and t.v. work fine, but my phone sucks!! We have that u-verse stuff.
    Lovinmy3kidsoh

Answer by Lovinmy3kidsoh at 10:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I got out of AT&T because they always added stuff onto my bills that I did not get! Then they wouldn't take the charges off! I liked the coverage and everything, but I couldn't afford to keep paying what I was or be taken advantage of like that!
    ConnersMom1204

Answer by ConnersMom1204 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh my gosh, I figured I screwed up and gave the wrong person my number. I'm so going to call them and bitch them out!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 3:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I'm about to pay to quit my contract. I have a job interview this Tuesday and if I get the job, I'm more than glad to put down $200 for a cancellation fee. I'm sick of this shyt and I'm wasting my money on a phone that screws me over and trashes my phone. Besides, I'll be paying less in the end if I cancel it than if I continue. I still have a year left on the contract. I'm very unhappy with their service.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i have alltel cell and same thing i get wierd # on caller ID i answer the phone and call ends
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• They're called "spoof" calls. Look up spoof calling, you can pay & have whatever number you want show up on caller ID. Telemarketers are doing this to get around the do not call list, you can't prove who it is, so you can't file a complaint about them. TRUST me, those of us who work at the phone companies are just as frustrated as you are - you yell at us & want us to do something about it, but what can we do? We come up with technology to stop unwanted calls, they come up with ways to get around it. Oh, and no we didn't sell your number, they start with numbers and go from there - i.e 555-1111, then 555-1112, etc.
    Anonymous

• Just an idea,you can get magicjack and let at&t go w/your land line.it only costs $40 a year.you use your usb outlet,you can buy the piece from walmart,hook it up to your computer w/any cordless phone and go.$20 the following year.and for $40 for a whole year of coverage,i can tolerate a whole lot more!
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 9:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009