Swim diapers adult content

Has anone else had their child experienced a chemical burn from wearing a swim diaper? We were on vacation and went to a water park and I put my DS,2, into a swim diaper, when I went to change him after about 2 hrs. his entire bottom, inner thighs,& underside of his testicals were bright red and he started screaming. We packed up and went back to the hotel where we hung out for the next 2 days putting burn cream on him and letting him run nude. I sent his DR pics and he said definatly chemical burn & he had seen other fair skin children with this. It took almost 3 weeks for his skin to heal.

dmbutler

Asked by dmbutler at 1:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't had that with the swim diapers, but only used them one time. Both of my kids are very fair. But when dd was born 2 years ago she started having some problems when we switched from Swaddlers to Cruisers. Its not every time her diaper is changed, but its often. I use A LOT of Aveeno diaper cream. Its the only thing that works well for her and doesn't burn. I can't wait till she's out of diapers! Every time she poops she says her bottom hurts until I've changed her.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow! Thats horrible! Poor little guy.. :( ..My son wore them a few times throughout the summer, but hes never had that problem though. He wore little swimmers I think they're called.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i use the reusable/washable ones. i cant see spending that much on the disposable ones. you could try those. i got all the ones i have for 3$ each at a second hand baby store. but i think they are around 25$ new.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• are you sure it's from the swim diaper & not from the chemicals in the pool? sorry for your poor baby =( i'm sure he was soo uncomfortable. it never happened to any of my kids, but i never had them in one of those for longer than 30 minutes. poor guy =( have you checked with the maker of the swim diapers? maybe they'll have something to say or will offer some kind of apology package. some companies take really good care of their customers when they know they are at fault.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We're sure it was the diaper, because he swims all the time at home and has never had that kind of reaction. We also got a swim suit with a built in swim diaper, because we went to a local water park (We also have an11 yr old DS) and he did just fine.
    dmbutler

Comment by dmbutler (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I used the huggies lil swimmers all summer long and never had a problem. Poor little man!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010